Great Design For Better Living

Working for a community of interaction and sharing ideas

***

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

(Add a comment by clicking on the comment button following each entry)

Also visit Meredith's web site: http://www.meredithbranchdesign.com/


Thursday, June 7, 2012

"ELLE DECOR" CALLED OUT 60 TOP TALENTS i.e. Interiors Designers. Really?!!

I was all ready to write something really snarky about "Elle Decor"  for omitting my favorite designers and including designers who I think are......corny or boring or too bourgie. Then I looked at the list again and it is subtitled "the Designers Who Inspire Us Most."  Well, as my father-in-law, Beach, used to say "de gustibus non disputatum."  That's probably declined improperly but it means "there's no disputing taste."  Or as Woody Allen would say:  the heart wants what the heart wants.


So their list is particular to their view, but how could they leave out Thad Hayes or Kara Mann or Axel Vervoodt?

Thad Hayes' work:
This makes me swoon.  

The play between the Tiffany lamp and the painting only reinforces each.


I am a sucker for the Richard Serra lithograph on the left, reinforced by the Isamu Noguchi paper lantern.



 

No comments: